CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Venezia

So I went to Venice a couple of days ago! Venice is amazing! It's pretty much like a different world....a world on water. It didn't hit me until I got home that night that there are no cars in Venice. I think that is why it felt so old world. We took a train from Florence to Venice, and then walked along the various canals all day. We got a little lost, but I don't think you could really go to Venice and know exactly where you are. We ended up at St. Marks Square. This is along the Grand Canal and where all the pigeons hang out. The pigeons were my favorite part of the day. Yes, it may sound a little gross, but you don't think about that when your in the moment, haha. We had some crackers leftover from lunch so we held those in our hands and the pigeons just flocked to us.....it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen or felt. It is so weird to feel birds all over you, on your arms, sholders, and even you head! The pictures were fun to take and they also turned out excellent!

Venice is also know for its glass. There was glass every where! Unfortunately I didn't get to see anybody blowing glass or anything, but one lady did have all of her glass bead making stuff out in her shop, like she was making it right then. I don't know how you would ever live in Venice because it seemed like the only thing to to there was shop. I would like to be in Venice at night after all of the tourists go home for the day. It would be so quiet and you would just see the glow from the lamps on the streets. I also would have liked to ride in a gondola....but that didn't happen either. They were really exspensive, but it would have been fun!




2 comments:

Candi said...

Whoa! I must say the bird pictures freak me out! But that's so cool! Eat a magnum bar for me. :) Love you!

jenny said...

oh I have definitly had plenty of Magnum bars for you!!! Miss ya'll!!!