CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Why must it rain?

First off, I am a big fan of rain, and thunderstorms, lightning and what not, but when you chose to spend your summer in various countries that are not known for rain, it is not my favorite. It is currently raining here in Scandicci and it has pretty much rained in every country I have been in so far. It obviously rained in Oxford…a lot, but who would have thought that it would also rain in Paris, the day and half I was there, our first day in Florence, and on our day in Venice. Yes, it usually lets up for part of the day, but it usually down pours when we are outside walking around town or painting out in the countryside. Take today for instance. Our professors decided we would go out and paint near this church in the outskirts of Scandicci. The view of the vineyards was AMAZING, but right when we got there…..what happened? Little drops of rain started to fall. Unfortunately it stopped for a while just in time for us to get in another oil painting. It was about time for us to pack up and we started to really hear the thunder roll in. The cool thing about Italy is that you can pretty much see the storm rolling in because of all of the hills, and we were on top of one of them. Even though storms may look cool it is not fun walking or riding a crowded bus with a wet oil painted canvas in hand. My painting unfortunately did not fall in a puddle like some peoples. The rain might have done my painting some good. Oil painting is definitely not my favorite. Now, I am sitting in my room, on the computer, not going outside in Italy, because it is raining.

I am going to Spain on Thursday…..hopefully the rain will not follow us there.

0 comments: