CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Not so Foggy Day in London Town

So we went to London, last Friday as a class. We took the train from Oxford and then used the Underground to get around all day. I didn't really get to see much of London yet, because the underground pretty much went straight to the museums. We went to a Vistorian musem first. It was pretty cool....but the introduction we were given was that most everything was a replica, so the appeal of everything kind of went down. It was still cool to see everything like replicas of Michelangelo's David and Raphael's School of Athens. My favorite by far was a glass piece by Chihuly. It was really amazing!!! I was great to see one in real life!! Mom and I have been obsessed for a while now.

After that we went to the National Gallery! This was very cool and pretty much insane that there are so many famous paintings in one placce. What shocked me the most was seeing my favorite painting! I walked in to a room and there it was. Only about two feet tall, a painting by Jan van Eycke. I have studied so much about these paintings and now they are actually real. Every bit of symbolic detail was there! Seeing these painting gave me chills and again, it was hard to breathe.

Chihuly glass instalation!
David and the School of Athens
Trafalgar Square with my first glimpse of Ben!
The National Gallery

0 comments: